Gold Canyon Ranch Golf Club
Gold Canyon Ranch Golf Club is home to 36 holes of championship golf, the Dinosaur Mountain and the Sidewinder courses. Known for its famous elevation changes and overwhelming views, Gold Canyon is the perfect desert experience and well worth the 50 minute drive to get there. Gold Canyon Golf Course continues to be one of the top Arizona desert golf courses in the state year after year…
Dinosaur Mountain Course is the more famous of the two golf courses known for its views of the Superstition Mountains, unforgettable elevation changes and fairways that begin generous off the tee box, then tighten as the course progresses. Desert carryovers and long winding fairways make this course a fun and welcomed challenge. With being the #1 rated desert golf course in Arizona, you will have some of the most amazing scenic golf shots a golfer could dream for.
Sidewinder Course is more subtle located towards the base of the mountain where elevation changes are minimal. Sidewinder is not the same grand caliber of its sister course; however, it does offer a welcomed break from the treacherous terrain of Dinosaur Mountain. The greens are large and easy to access, meanwhile, winding fairways snake around the base of Dinosaur Mountain through dry desert creek beds and desert terrain.
Scenic Fact: Hole 4 of Dinosaur Mountain offers amazing views of the city and the Superstition Mountains from the elevated tee box.
We rate this Arizona golf course:
Degree of Difficulty: Moderate / Difficult
Nearby Golf Courses:
- Course Style: Desert
- Number of Holes: 36
- Green Type: Bermuda Grass
- Fairway Type: Summer – Bermuda, Winter – Rye
- Twilight Rates: Yes, rates and times vary with season
- Practice Facility: Yes, all grass areas including driving range, practice putting areas and pitching/chipping areas, practice balls $5 plus tax
- Cart Access: Cart path only or 90 degrees rule depending on time of year
- Club Rental: Yes, $35 plus tax
- Lessons: Yes, $35 – $50 an hour
- Locker Room/Shower Facilities: No
- Dress Code: Yes, proper golf attire, collard shirts, hemmed shorts and no denim
- Spike Policy: Yes, soft spikes only. Metal spikes are not allowed. Changeovers are available for $10/pair plus tax.
- Shoe Rental: No
- Restaurant: Yes, Kokopelli and Greenwood’s Bar & Grill, open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Bar: Yes, full service bar is located at Greenwood’s Bar & Grill.
- Rider Fee: Yes, $25 plus tax
- Conference & Banquet Facilities: Yes, offering a total of 10,000 sq ft of indoor meeting space plus many outdoor areas
Gold Canyon Ranch Golf Club
6100 S. Kings Ranch Rd.
Gold Canyon, AZ 85218
Directions from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport:
Start out going EAST on E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Turn SLIGHT LEFT to stay on E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Take the AZ-202-LOOP E ramp toward TEMPE.
Merge onto AZ-202 LOOP E.
Take the AZ-101-LOOP S exit, EXIT 9.
Merge onto AZ-101 LOOP S.
Take the US-60 E/ US-60 W exit, EXIT 55.
Merge onto US-60 E via EXIT 55A on the LEFT toward GLOBE.
Turn LEFT onto S KINGS RANCH RD.
Estimated Time: 42 minutes | Estimated Distance: 36.99 miles