Golf Club of Estrella
Located 35 minutes west of downtown Phoenix, the Golf Club of Estrella is a championship Arizona desert style course located in the midst of the Sierra Estrella Mountain Range. The fairways follow the natural layout of the land taking you through desert washes, up hillsides and past desert vegetation. The golf course is known for its generous landing areas, two lakes and numerous sand bunkers. Keep on the lookout for desert animals that roam the course. Bobcats and Havalina have been seen from time to time. Golf Club of Estrella is deemed a high-end course with not high-end prices, well worth the addition to any golfers’ itinerary. The course is managed by Troon Golf and is rated one of the best desert courses to play in Arizona.
Scenic Fact: Hole #1 has an elevated tee that presents views of the Sierra Estrella Mountains and course views of what’s ahead.
We rate this Arizona golf course:
Degree of difficulty: Difficult
Nearby Golf Courses:
- Course Style: Desert/Target
- Number of Holes: 18
- Green Type: Tiff Eagle
- Fairway Type: Winter – Rye, Summer – Bermuda
- Twilight Rates: Yes
- Practice Facility: Yes, driving range and putting green
- Cart Access: 90 degrees rule
- Club Rental: Yes, Callaway X-16 and includes a sleeve of balls, $45.00 plus Tax.
- Lessons: Yes, Trevor Finton Private Lesson $75/Hour, 9 Hole Playing Lesson $150. Please contact the pro shop for more details.
- Locker Room/Shower Facilities: No
- Dress Code: Yes, proper golf attire, collard shirts, Bermuda shorts and no denim.
- Spike Policy: Yes, soft spikes only
- Shoe Rental: No
- Restaurant: Yes, The Player’s Grill, open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 5:30am to 6pm
- Bar: No, but beer and wine available at The Player’s Grill.
- Rider Fee: $25 plus tax.
- Conference & Banquet Facilities: Yes
Golf Club of Estrella
11800 S. Golf Club Dr.
Goodyear, AZ 85338
Directions from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport:
Start out going EAST on E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Turn RIGHT toward TERMINAL 2/ 3/ WEST EXIT/ 24TH STREET/ DOWNTOWN PHOENIX/ RENTAL CAR RETURN.
Turn RIGHT onto E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Stay STRAIGHT to go onto I-10 W.
Take the PEBBLECREEK PKWY/ ESTRELLA PKWY exit, EXIT 126.
Turn LEFT onto N ESTRELLA PKWY/ N PEBBLE CREEK PKWY. Continue to follow N ESTRELLA PKWY.
Turn RIGHT onto W SAN MIGUEL.
Turn LEFT onto S GOLF CLUB DR.
Estimated Time: 45 minutes | Estimated Distance: 34.30 miles