Talking Stick Golf Club
Talking Stick Golf Club is the only championship golf course in Scottsdale that is actually built on Indian land. Because it is owned and operated by the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, there are absolutely no houses to deter from the natural desert beauty that surrounds the courses. With 36 holes of true desert golf, this Troon managed golf course is one of the most exciting desert plays in Arizona.
The North Course at Talking Stick Golf Club offers wide, long fairways and large greens. The terrain is relatively flat with light rolling fairways. The bunkers lay rough and are Scottish style. Both courses are traditional; however, North course is considered more Arizona-like because of its dry terrain and desert brush.
The South Course at Talking Stick is more of a park-like style with fairways lined with trees, some water hazards and small elevation changes. Light desert brush will plague the fairways from time to time. The greens are smaller than that of its sister course and are well guarded by bunkers.
Scenic Fact: The 11th hole on Talking Stick North offers some amazing backdrops of the McDowell Mountains.
We rate this Arizona golf course:
Degree of difficulty: Medium/Difficult
Nearby Arizona Golf Courses:
- Course Style: South – Desert/Traditional, North – Scottish/Links
- Number of Holes: 36
- Green Type: Summer – Tiffdwarf Bermuda, Winter – POA Trivialis
- Fairways: Winter – Rye / Summer Bermuda
- 9 Hole Rates: Yes, rates vary with season. Please contact the pro shop
- Practice Facility: Yes.
- Cart Access: 90 degrees rule
- Club Rental: Yes, premium sets are available.
- Playing Lessons: Yes, Tim Mahoney private lessons $150/Hour, John Caffee $100/45 Minutes, Doug Brooke $75/45 Minutes, Jeff Sorkness $90/45 Minutes, Brian Kolehma $60/45 Minutes, Todd McKIttrick $55/45 Minutes. Please contact the pro shop for more details.
- Training Facilities: Yes, Golf Digest Schools and the Troon Golf Institute
- Locker Room/Shower Facilities: Yes
- Dress Code: Yes, proper golf attire
- Spike Policy: Yes, Soft Spikes and Metal are permitted
- Shoe Rental: No, not available
- Restaurant: Yes
- Bar: Yes, full service bar located in Wildhorse Grille
- Rider Fee: Yes, $25 plus tax
- Conference & Banquet Facilities: Yes
Talking Stick Golf Club
9998 E. Indian Bend Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85256
Directions from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport:
Start out going EAST on E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Turn SLIGHT LEFT to stay on E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Take the AZ-202-LOOP E ramp toward TEMPE.
Merge onto AZ-202 LOOP E.
Take the AZ-101-LOOP N exit, EXIT 9.
Merge onto AZ-101 LOOP N.
Take the INDIAN BEND RD exit, EXIT 44.
Turn RIGHT onto E INDIAN BEND RD.
Make a U-TURN onto E INDIAN BEND RD.
Estimated Time: 19 minutes | Estimated Distance: 15.31 miles