Eagle Mountain Golf Club: A True Mountain ExperienceBy azgolfer • Dec 4th, 2008
Eagle Mountain Golf Club is one of the most scenic, adventurous desert style courses that Scottsdale has to offer. The course is located in upscale Fountain Hills which is just east of Scottsdale. Unlike your typical Arizona desert course, Eagle Mountain presents many generous rolling fairways that contour with the lay of the land. The course plays into the canyons and will always leave your bad shots not ending up so bad after all.
Scott Miller designed this par 71, 6800 yard layout using the natural terrain that incorporates rolling hills, lush valleys, desert washes and natural box canyons. We found Eagle Mountain Golf Club to be challenging yet fair to the beginning golfer. Eagle Mountain is a golf course that truly takes advantage of many land features into its design. It is a strategic, yet playable course for all skill levels due to the four tee placements that range form 5000 – 6700 yards in length.The course incorporates (4) par fours that range over 400 yards each along with (5) par 3’s and (4) par fives. Amazing views of Camelback Mountain and the Red Mountains nearby will leave you with a vast memory of what Arizona Golf is pictured to be. The course sits at high elevations and will leave you with great panoramic views of the McDowell Mountains and surrounding city from tee box to green.
I spoke to a couple of groups that we encountered on the golf course that happened to be out on their Arizona golf vacation and asked them what their impressions were of Eagle Mountain. Rick a 12+ handicap from Chicago says “ The elevation change throughout the course is impressive, each shot truly depicts what Arizona golf courses should feel like”. I spoke to his partner Carl, a 3+ handicap from New York and also asked him what his thoughts were on the Golf Club at Eagle Mountain. Carl explained “The course is pretty forgiving yet challenging for the low handicapper, one of my favorite plays in town.”
With stunning views, amazing design and character this Arizona golf course will always rank as one of the top courses in Scottsdale for years to come.
• Best New Golf Course (Public) by the Arizona Republic 1996
• Ranked #1 Public Golf Course in Arizona by Ranking Arizona Business 2007
• Ranked #1 Public Golf Course in Arizona by Ranking Arizona Business 2006
• Named Best of Phoenix Public Golf Course 2006 by the Phoenix New Times
• Ranked #1 Golf Shop in Arizona by Ranking Arizona Business 2000
• Top 100 Fairways for Women by Golf for Women 2000
• Top 100 Golf Shops by Golf World Business 2001 and 2002
• Top 100 Golf Shops by Golf Shop Operations 1998 and 1999
• Host site of the Phoenix Coyotes Charities Golf Tournament 2003
• Host site of the Coyotes NHL Alumni Golf Tournament 2005
• Host site of the Canadian Tour’s Scottsdale Swing on the Golf Channel 2002