The Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale
The Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale, also known as the TPC, is home to the famous FBR Open, drawing some of the most famous golfers like Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, and many more. The TPC Stadium Golf Course is a Scottish links design that features a spacious layout surround by cacti and desert vegetation. Framed by views of Pinnacle Peak and the McDowell Mountains, TPC offers true desert views. The good news is that this natural and beautiful desert terrain doesn’t come into play on the course. TPC Stadium Course also features six sparkling water holes, 72 deep bunkers as well as thick rough that make this course a welcomed challenge. Rough is usually 4 inches and turns into 6 inches right before the FBR Open. The course at TPC Scottsdale sits onsite at the Fairmont Princess Resort & SPa as well as Xona Resort Suites of Scottsdale.
Scenic Fact: Hole #16 on the TPC Stadium course is where Tiger Woods hit a hole-in-one.
We rate this Arizona golf course:
Degree of difficulty: Difficult
Nearby Golf Courses:
- Course Style: Desert Course
- Number of Holes: 18
- Fairway & Green Type: Summer – Bermuda, Winter – Rye
- Twilight Rates: Yes
- 9 Hole Rates: No
- Practice Facility: Yes
- Cart Access: 90 degrees rule, walking is permitted
- Club Rental: Yes, $75plus tax
- Lessons: Yes
- Locker Room/Shower Facilities: Yes
- Dress Code: Yes, proper golf attire, collard shirts, Bermuda shorts and no denim
- Spike Policy: Yes, soft spikes only
- Shoe Rental: Yes, $25plus tax
- Restaurant: Yes, The Grill at TPC
- Bar: Yes, full service bar located in the Grill at TPC
- Rider Fee: Yes, $25 plus tax
- Conference & Banquet Facilities: Yes
TPC of Scottsdale
17020 N. Hayden Rd,
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Directions from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport:
Start out going EAST on E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Turn SLIGHT LEFT to stay on E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Take the AZ-202-LOOP E ramp toward TEMPE.
Merge onto AZ-202 LOOP E.
Take the AZ-101-LOOP N exit, EXIT 9.
Merge onto AZ-101 LOOP N.
Take the HAYDEN RD exit, EXIT 35.
Turn LEFT onto N HAYDEN RD.
Estimated Time: 28 minutes | Estimated Distance: 24.33 miles