Grayhawk Golf Club
Located in North Scottsdale, Grayhawk Golf Club is deemed one of the top Arizona golf courses to play. Boasting 36 holes of golf at Grayhawk, the Talon and Raptor golf courses are considered luxury golf with their pristine conditions and breathtaking views of the Sonoran Desert. The course has held numerous PGA events like the Andersen Consulting World Match Play Championship, Frys Open and other PGA events as well.
Talon at Grayhawk Golf Club is considered the more player friendly of the two courses by a couple of shots. The fairways are narrow and appear smaller than their actual size. Lined with desert terrain, the greens are large and multi-tiered. Breathtaking views of the McDowell Mountains and the Phoenix/Scottsdale skyline are nearby. Deep box canyons define the back nine holes with a background of desert trees and Saguaro Cacti. The Talon course was host of the 1995 Andersen Consulting World Championship
Raptor at Grayhawk Golf Club is considered the tougher of the two golf courses, meandering over hills and through dense desert washes. Fairways are generous; however, bunkers lining the fairway demand accuracy. Some tee shots offer forced desert carries but rewards await; the greens are large and offer some undulation to add complexity and challenge of the course. The Raptor course is also home of the Fry’s.com Open.
Scenic Fact: Hole # 18 on the Grayhawk Raptor course is known as Aces & Eights. A dramatic slope is to the left of the green and along with a phenomenal backdrop of the McDowell Mountains.
We rate this Arizona golf course:
Degree of difficulty: Difficult
Nearby Golf Courses:
- Course Style: Desert/Target
- Number of Holes: 36
- Green Type: Bent
- Fairway Type: Summer – Bermuda, Winter – Rye
- Twilight Rates: Yes, rates and times vary with season. Time begins 4 hours prior to sunset and not guaranteed to finish all 18 holes.
- Replay Rates: Yes, rates vary with season
- Practice Facility: Yes, all grass areas, driving range, practice putting areas and pitching/chipping areas
- Cart Access: 90 degrees rule or cart path only depending on the time of the year
- Club Rental: Yes, $45 plus tax
- Lessons: Yes, please contact the pro shop for pricing and details
- Locker Room/Shower Facilities: Yes, locker room facilities as well as showers are available for both Men and Women
- Dress Code: Yes, proper golf attire, collard shirts, hemmed shorts and no denim
- Spike Policy: Yes, soft spikes only
- Shoe Rental: No
- Restaurant: Yes, Quill Creek Cafe & Phil’s Grill, open daily from 11am to 9pm
- Bar: Yes, full service bar located at Phil’s Grill
- Rider Fee: Yes, $35 plus tax
- Conference & Banquet Facilities: Yes, the Fairway House is designed to accommodate groups of 20-300 people is more than 6,000 sq ft along with a specially designed wedding lawn
[umap id=”8894″ size=”sq” alignment=”right”]Address and Directions:
Grayhawk Golf Club
8620 E. Thompson Peak Pkwy.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Directions from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport:
Start out going EAST on E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Turn SLIGHT LEFT to stay on E SKY HARBOR BLVD.
Take the AZ-202-LOOP E ramp toward TEMPE.
Merge onto AZ-202 LOOP E.
Take the AZ-101-LOOP N exit, EXIT 9.
Merge onto AZ-101 LOOP N.
Take the PIMA RD exit, EXIT 36, toward PRINCESS DR.
Stay STRAIGHT to go onto N PIMA RD.
Turn RIGHT to stay on N PIMA RD.
Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto E THOMPSON PEAK PKWY.
Estimated Time: 29 minutes | Estimated Distance: 24.86 miles